RealSender “postmaster” app is a modern mailing list and newsletter manager.
It works with multiple lists. It provides automatic subscriptions/unsubscriptions,
links tracking for analytics and bounce management.
It is based on the young and popular open source project called “listmonk”.
RealSender “postmaster” app runs on a reliable and secure environment,
with automated backups and the ability to quickly restore the saved data.
the lists can be Public or Private
Public lists are open to the world to subscribe
they’re usually configured with “Double opt-in”,
the application sends an email to the new subscriber asking for confirmation
Private lists are easier to manage
they’re generally set as “Single opt-in”,
the recipients we import can be contacted immediately
requires a simple CSV (Comma Separated Values) file, with email address and name
Example raw CSV
email,name firstname.lastname@example.org,"User One" email@example.com,"User Two"
- press the “Send campaign” button on your list
- fill in the “New campaign” form
if you want to schedule the mailing, activate the “Send later” option
- enter the “Content”
as “Rich text”, “Raw HTML” (to paste the html code that was created outside),
“Markdown” or “Plain text” (for text-only messages)
- [Save] the changes or [Start] sending the campaign
- synthetic, it counts the total views (download of the images) and the total clicks on the links
- detailed, with graphs (Analytics area)
As of December 2021, the latest version available, has two main shortcomings,
which will surely be fixed in one of the next releases:
- it only counts the total clicks / total views, so that if a recipient clicks on the same link multiple times,
all clicks will be counted (it should also offer data on “unique clicks” / “unique views”)
- the “bounces” area has been recently implemented and does not work correctly with RealSender
email addresses that generate errors (bounces) will be managed by the bouncehandler app
messages will be automatically blocked by RealSender before sending them out